Borgata Casino Resort & Spa Ushers in the Holiday Season with the 12 Days of Giving Initiative
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is ushering in the holiday season by giving back to Atlantic City and New Jersey charitable institutions. Borgata’s 12 Days of Giving initiative honors the citizens and communities comprising the greater Atlantic City region by offering meaningful gifts and donations to a sizeable list of charitable trusts and non-profit service groups.
Borgata also pledges to support the frontline workers in the area with a scrumptious meal prepared by the resort’s award-winning culinary professionals. The official statement from Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa’s Director of Communications, Liza Costandino read, “We’re thrilled to be able to serve the community during the holiday season as we raise awareness about these wonderful charities whose missions are critical to upholding the integrity and development of our local community”.
“2020 brought unprecedented hardships to our people throughout the region and we felt it was important to contribute in a variety of ways to be able to maximize outreach and impact more of the community”, Liza added. Starting December 20, Borgata partners with the following charitable trusts to ring in the holiday cheer to the members of south New Jersey communities.
Beneficiaries of the 12 Days of Giving Initiative
- Garden State Equality – Borgata invested $5,000 in Garden State Equality’s efforts to help transgender residents seeking legal name changes. “Trans people require access to accurate identity documents to fully participate in society. We’re ever grateful to Borgata for extending their generous support to New Jersey’s trans community”, said Christian Fuscarino, the Executive Director of Garden State Equality.
According to a 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey, one-third of the trans community who showed an identity document with a name or gender marker contradicting their perceived gender, suffered harassment or discrimination and were denied service or benefits.
- CONTACT Cape-Atlantic – Team Borgata wrote 260-holiday cards and provided four new cordless phones and one laptop for the CONTACT office to ensure the team can continue serving society in 2021.
- Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City – The Borgata team not only donated $5,000 to support the club’s Holiday Heroes Giving Campaign but also volunteered to wrap all the gifts purchased from the club’s Amazon Wishlist. Furthermore, the team sewed 160 masks for the members of the club.
- Community FoodBank of New Jersey – Borgata donated 120 frozen turkeys and a palette jack for the support group’s local warehouse. Amid the ongoing coin shortage, Borgata gave patrons the option of dropping their receipts valued lower than $1 into a donation box for the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. The resort collected over $20,000 in generous donations from its patrons and the total amounted to $41,543.12 since September 17.
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center – Borgata plans to donate a hundred freshly-prepared pre-packaged meals by the resort’s award-winning team of culinary professionals to the overnight shift of first-responders working at the AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center on Christmas Eve.